Friday 27 July 2012

Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (Radi Allah Unho)


Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu's) real name was Abdullah, and he was given the title of "As Siddique"
or"Testifier to the Truth." His father, 'Uthman, was known as Abu Quhafah and his mother, Salma, was known as
Ummul Khair. He was two and a half years younger than Sayyiduna Rasulullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam).
He was the first among the Sahaba to accept Islam. He accompanied Sayyiduna Rasulullah (sallal laahu alaihi
wasallam) during the Hijrah to Madinatul Munawwarah. Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) was a merchant. He
freed many slaves, including Sayyiduna Bilal (radi Allahu anhu) and Sayyiduna Umayyah bin Qahaf (radi Allahu anhu).
He participated in all the battles in which Sayyiduna Rasulullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) had to fight the Kuffar.
Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) loved his faith more than anything else. At the Battle of Badr, his son,
Sayyiduna Abdur Rahman (radi Allahu anhu), was fighting on the side of the Kuffar. After accepting Islam, Sayyiduna
Abdur Rahman (radi Allahu anhu) said to his father, "O Father, at Badr, you were twice under my sword, but
my love for you held my hand back." To this, Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) replied, "Son, if I had you
only once under my sword, you would have been no more." He was so uncompromising in his faith.
At the time of the Battle of Tabuk, he donated all his wealth to the war effort, and when Sayyiduna Rasulullah (sallal
laahu alaihi wasallam) asked him, "What have you left for your family,?" he replied, "Allah and His Rasool
(sallal laahu alaihi wasallam)."

AS A CALIPH
After his election as the Caliph, Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) addressed the Muslims with these words:
"O People! I have been chosen by you as your leader, although I am no better than any of you. If I do any wrong, set
me right. Listen, truth is honesty and untruth is dishonesty. The weak among you are the powerful in my eyes, as long
as I do not give them their dues. The powerful among you are weak in my eyes, as long as I do not take away from
them what is due to others.
"Listen carefully, if people give up striving for the Cause of Almighty Allah, He will send down disgrace upon them. If
people become evil-doers, Almighty Allah will send down calamities upon them.
"Obey me as long as I obey Allah and His Rasul (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). If I disobey Allah and His Rasul (sallal
laahu alaihi wasallam), you are free to disobey me."
Such was the first Caliph of Islam. Indeed, the world would be a better place to live in, if we had leaders like
Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu).
Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) now sent Sayyiduna Usamah (radi Allahu anhu) on the expedition to Syria to
fight the Romans, even though he had to attend to all the internal problems of the Islamic State.
The news that Sayyiduna Rasulullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) had passed away, made some new Muslims think.
Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) fell ill at this time and passed away on the 21st of Jamadi-ul-Aakhir 13 A.H.
(22 August 634). His rule lasted 2 years and 3 months. He was 63 years


No comments:

Post a Comment